The Pilates repertoire consists of more than 500 systematic mat and equipment-based mind-body exercises. It involves balancing preparatory, essential, intermediate and advanced level exercises, creating uniquely effective workout formats. Tone Zone offers clients PILATES group exercise classes as well as private, duet, and small group training. Specific offerings include:
• Essential Mat™ - learn the basic principles of Pilates in a series of fluid moves designed to build core stamina, endurance and great overall postural tone. Emphasis on blue print exercises upon which all PILATES based movements/ repertoire are based.
• Intermediate Mat - experience a must, this class will build on the foundation you've developed in the essential levels. A beautiful workout for the entire body but only if you are ready to meet the challenge.
• Pilates/Small Apparatus - discover the easy to use PILATES-based “small” equipment—arc barrels, fitness circles, flex bands, toning balls, mini flex balls, stability disks and foam rollers—all of which enhance the mat repertoire. No two classes are ever the same!
• Reformer – experience required, this class furthers the core foundation developed in mat and with the props. We work on the reformer, one of the pieces of Pilates equipment that has been described as the “work horse”. It adds spring resistance to your core foundation moves and challenges you in all planes of movement.
• Stability Chair – experience required in mat and reformer, this class also furthers the core foundation established at the essential level in mat and reformer. The stability chair is more challenging than the reformer in some respects because your base of support is generally smaller and more upper body strength and shoulder girdle stability is required. Not appropriate for beginners.
• TRX Suspension Training – this class uses the original workout system that leverages gravity and your bodyweight to perform hundreds of exercises. You�re in control of how much you want to challenge yourself on each exercise � because you can simply adjust your body position to add or decrease resistance. TRX Suspension Training is a great way to get your heart rate up, develop your core strength and build overall power, strength, flexibility and balance!� (Maximum class size is 4 students)
• Functional Core Strength – this class is designed with exercises that mimic real life situations and activities preparing your body to perform daily activities. Using light weights, balls, bands and other exercise equipment to create a total body workout! (Maximum class size is 4 students)